This auction is closed.
The bookcase purge for charity continues! You can see a complete list of all auctions here, in chronological order starting with the latest, here. Full auction details are included at the end of the article, but to bring the new folks up to speed real quick:
Every weekday until Friday, June 5th, we publish a new Shelf Bound article announcing a bind or bound set up for auction.
Each bind auction’s bidding starts when its article is published and ends 72 hours later, so today’s auction will close at 3 PM EST on May 28, 2020.
Bids must be posted in an item’s comment section to be considered for that item; highest bid posted before close of auction wins.
Bids from outside the U.S. are welcome, although shipping outside the U.S. may incur additional fee. Bids posted in currencies other than US dollars will be valued at their USD equivalent.
The winning bidder emails me (greg at multiversity comics dot com) to verify donation particulars, then makes the donation and send me verification.
I send out the bind.
30 weekdays. 34 binds. All proceeds going to charity. Sound good? Let’s get to it!
CABLE BY CASEY & LADRONN
Written by: Joe Casey, James Robinson
Drawn by: Jose Ladronn, German Garcia, Ed McGuinness, Ryan Benjamin
Inked by: Juan Vlasco, Jon Holdredge
Colored by: Gloria Vasquez, Glynis Oliver, Marie Javins
Lettered by: Comicraft
Published by: Marvel Comics
- Cable 48-62, 64-70, Minus One (Jul 1997 – Aug 1999)
Additional Material: None
- Oversewn binding
- Sky Blue Arrestox cover material
- Blue/white headbands
- X LOGO and MARVEL stamps used
- White endpapers
- Page edges trimmed
There’s a lot to love about the comics in this book.
There’s the nigh-miraculous transformation of Cable into a character I found myself actively following thanks to Joe Casey & James Robinson.
The Euro-Kirby visuals from Ladronn and the recently departed Juan Vlasco.
Just the fact the Harbinger of the Apocalypse fights Cable & The Avengers in a silk & mohair suit and silk shirt from Saville Row.
But aside from all that and a bunch more, in all honesty, the first thing popping into my head when someone mentions this run of comics is . . . a bagel burger and coffee.
So if you wanted to get a taste of these comics for yourself (sorrynotsorry), you COULD take the time & effort to track down the original issues or later collections and turn them into your own book via a binder using the techniques & approaches we cover every month in Shelf Bound . . .
You could bid on the bind we’re auctioning today, get the benefit of someone else doing all that work for you, AND do some good for the comics community we all love in the process!
Starting Bid: $25
Auction Ends: May 28, 2020 at 3 pm
Proceeds Benefit: The Hero Initiative
AUCTION FINE PRINT
- This auction ends 72 hours after the date & time of this article’s posting.
- Bids MUST be placed as comments below to be valid.
- Bids order is set by the timestamp given by Disqus. I subscribe to every comment section and receive an email notification simultaneous to the posting of every new comment. That email’s timestamp is what I use to determine bid order & the final bid cutoff time.
- Bids placed anywhere other than the auction article’s comment section (i.e. replying to the announcement tweet) will be ignored.
- Bids posted in currencies other than US dollars will be valued at their USD equivalent.
- Highest bid posted before the end of the auction wins. The winning bidder has 24 hours to contact me via twitter or email (see below) to set up payment. If contact is not made in this timeframe, the winning bid is invalidated and the next highest bid will be the winner.
- Winning bidder will make the donation in the amount of the winning bid to the agreed-upon charity. Upon successful donation and receipt of receipt (hehe) by me, the bind will be mailed out via Media Mail on the following Saturday unless an alternate schedule is agreed upon by all parties. Continued below
- Feel free to post any additional questions you may have prior to the end of the auction below; I will do my best to answer them ASAP. Additional and/or specific pictures of the bind are available on request.
- Thanks in advance to anyone bidding on these binds. Good luck!