UPDATED: Check after the cut for a few short previews of all the books, straight from Image!
There are some things that people never really expect to happen. 2012 being a real thing. Duke Nukem Forever actually coming out. Rob Liefeld’s Extreme Studios returning.
Well, two out of three ain’t bad (I guess we’ll have to wait for a bit on the whole apocalypse thing), as today at NYCC it was announced that Extreme Studios is in fact returning – WITH EXTREME PREJUDICE (as if there was another way). All of your old favorites like Youngblood, Bloodstrike, Supreme, and Glory are coming back in 2012 and quite possibly better than ever. The returning books include:
– Prophet from Brandon Graham (King City) and Simon Roy (Jan’s Atomic Heart)
– Glory from Joe Keatinge (Brutal) and Ross Campbell (Wet Moon)
– Supreme from Alan Moore (SERIOUSLY?!) and Erik Larsen (Savage Dragon)
– Bloodstrike from Tim Seeley (Hack/Slash) and Franchesco Gaston
– Youngblood from John McLaughlin (Black Swan) and Jon Malin (various previous Liefeld books)
Quite the line-up to start, and an audacious one at that. The biggest surprise has to be Alan Moore’s presence, but as Liefeld said in an interview with CBR, they had more issues to burn through and they were just waiting for a comparable artist to take a swing at it (he even suggested that some Alan Moore Youngblood could be coming in 2012).
For me? I’m most excited for Brandon Graham and Simon Roy’s Prophet. It looks like a very cool take on the once ridiculous character, and with Graham onboard, I’m onboard.
I’m surprised to say this, but this whole deal is pretty damn exciting. Looking forward to seeing what’s next for zombie Extreme Studios.