Welcome back to The Rundown, our daily breakdown on comic news stories we missed from the previous day. Have a link to share? Email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
– IDW will be remembering the illustrious career of Jack Kirby on what would have been his 100the birth year with a multi-media presentation at Comic Con International in San Diego this July. IDW President Greg Goldstein will host a show of 1300 original pages from Kirby’s work at both DC and Marvel as a storyteller. Walt Simonson and Kevin Eastman will be on hand to share how Jack “the King” Kirby influenced them as comic creators. The show will feature pages from IDW’s “Jack Kirby Artist Edition” books including the blue line marginalia clearly enough to see any whiteout, eraser marks and paste-up not seen in his published work.
– WBTV have announced their panel events for SDCC 2017 to promote the fall line up of DC Universe television shows. It all kicks of with four hours of screenings on July 19th including the pilots of Black Lightning, Krypton and Teen Titans Go!. They have several panels daily from Thursday through Sunday covering the Arrowverse shows, DC animation, Supernatural and the two new programs in-depth. As always, panels will feature series stars and creators talking about what is coming up in the Fall.
– After many teases, Marvel Entertainment have released the first trailer for the Inhumans live action series into the wild. The show will have an initial IMAX showing September 1 before hitting broadcast TV on September 28 on ABC TV.
– The Sony Pictures Venom movie starring Tom Hardy will not get to use Spider-Man according to Marvel Entertainment president Kevin Feige. When questioned at the premiere of Spider-Man: Homecoming, his response was a most definite no.
– Warner Brothers is in development on both a live action Jetsons movie project in addition to an animated film. Robert Zemeckis, writer and director of the Back To The Future trilogy, is slated as Executive Producer of the adaptation of the 1960’s series about the family of the future from Hanna-Barbara.
– For reasons left unknown, Rosario Dawson has vacated the role of Dr. Cecelia Reyes in the upcoming New Mutants movie from Fox Pictures. The character will now be played by Alice Braga from Queen Of The South. She will be joining Maisie Williams, Anya Taylor-Joy, Charlie Heaton, Blu Hunt, and Henry Zaga in the Josh Boone directed film.
– Even though Tom Holland is gearing up to reprise the role of Spider-Man in the upcoming Avengers: Infinity War movie from Marvel Studios, that is all he knows about the film. Even though there is a script, he has not been allowed to read it as the studio have learned that he likes to share information about projects he’s working on with fans. He revealed to the Toronto Sun that he knows who the villain is without name dropping and that is all so far.