Welcome to The Rundown, our daily breakdown on comic news stories we missed from the previous day. Have a link to share? Email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Your Black Friend, a short film made by Silver Sprocket to promote the upcoming collection of Ben Passmore’s comics of the same name, was banned from Facebook. Silver Sprocket blamed alt-right trolls for mass reporting the video as “attack[ing] people based on their race, ethnicity, national origin, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, gender or disability,” and showed that the social network doubled down when they appealed. You can still watch the promotional film for the book, which is out February 28, on YouTube.
– Papercutz imprint Super Genius are releasing “The Joe Shuster Story: The Co-Creator of Superman” on April 24. The graphic novel from writer Julian Voloj (“Ghetto Brother: Warrior to Peacemaker”) and Thomas Campi (“Magritte”) will tell the story of the original Superman artist, just in time for the character’s 80th anniversary.
– Ann Nocenti is among the contributors to Amplify Her, a documentary, motion comic and graphic novel project spotlighting seven female DJs. The documentary screened in Kelowna, Canada, over the weekend, though the website lists the seven-chapter companion graphic novel/motion comic simply as “coming soon.” Head on over to Lake Country Calendar for more information.
– Artists Mike Perkins and Sean Izaakse will help complete February’s issues of ‘Avengers: No Surrender.’ Perkins will contribute to “Avengers” #681, drawn primarily by Kim Jacinto, while Izaakse will draw all of “Avengers” #682.
– Entertainment Weekly confirmed Dove Cameron will play Ruby, the daughter of General Hale, on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.. Her character, who is described as an intelligent and cunning young woman that is obsessed with Daisy Johnson, will debut in the episode airing March 2.
– “Thanos” issue 13, the first part of Donny Cates and Geoff Shaw’s ‘Thanos Wins’ arc, is now available for free until tomorrow: to claim your copy, go to https://marvel.com/redeem and enter the code “THANOSWINS.”
– The CW released the teaser trailer for iZombie season 4. The show, based on Chris Roberson and Mike Allred’s Vertigo series, returns on February 26.
– David W. Thompson (Green Room) will replace Charlie Tahan as the Scarecrow on Gotham.
– Last week, Josh Friedman stepped down as showrunner on Snowpiercer, the upcoming TNT series based on the French comic and the film adaptation starring Chris Evans. The show, which will star Jennifer Connelly and Daveed Diggs, still has a series commitment from the channel.