Welcome back to The Rundown, our daily breakdown on comic news stories we missed from the previous day. Have a link to share? Email our team at email@example.com.
– Okay, here’s a moral conundrum for you. You’re an artist. You’re looking for your big break in comics. A writer is offering you $10,000 per issue plus royalties to draw their eight issue comic in a year. The catch? It’s a “Hit-Girl” comic. Yes, Mark Millar is offering that very deal on his Millarworld forum. Will you take the plunge?
– DC Rebirth Spoilers: DC has revealed a returning character that anyone could have guessed was returning. I hate this, but it would be a spoiler to talk about it here. Just know that I hate it.
– Please check out this table read of the script to Justice League: Mortal, the unproduced Justice League movie that would have been directed by Mad Max: Fury Road‘s George Miller. While the film might have been cooler, the script (in my opinion) is a hot mess in the most hilarious way.
– This is only tangentially related to comic, but there’s a video of Rob Kazinsky touring the armoury set from the Warcraft movie and marking out over it. It’s kind of amazing.
– Also only tangentially related to comics (cause people have only been talking about “Rebirth” for the past day), but here’s an extended trailer to Independence Day: Resurgence that looks like a load of huge, dumb fun. I’m excited for this one.