Welcome back to The Rundown, our daily breakdown on comic news stories we missed from the previous day. Have a link to share? Email our team at email@example.com.
– In an interesting move, it’s been an announced that Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson will in fact play Doc Savage in Shane Black’s adaptation of the comics… on The Rock’s instagram. Instead of having to read through a press release, it’s interesting that the most electrifying man in Holywood took to social media himself to break down who Savage is for his fans to announce the movie. Classy move, Johnson. Classy move. (Now someone make another Flash Gordon movie.)
– At MCM London, Jesse Eisenberg has confirmed that he’s… probably going to be in Justice League, but can’t say for sure. Which is exactly what we were expecting him to say, right?
– Meanwhile, Willa Holland has been calling out Warner Bros higher ups at MCM London for their separation of their film and TV properties when it comes to their DC superheroes. Specifically she mentions that the cast of Arrow assumed that Stephen Amell and Grant Gustin would be shoe-ins to be a part of the films until told otherwise and the decree that the Suicide Squad couldn’t be used on Arrow due to the upcoming movie.
– In some pretty cool news, novelist Kirsten Beyer has joined the writing team of the Bryan Fuller-headed Star Trek series heading to CBS All Access in 2017. This is cool because Beyer has been writing acclaimed Star Trek: Voyager novels since 2009. Getting writers with Star Trek experience is the kind of thing that makes me hopeful for this show.
– To round out a pretty quiet news day, check out this tribute to everyone’s favourite Spirit Of Vengeance, Ghost Rider, on ComicsAlliance. I love Ghost Rider a whole lot and I love seeing breakdowns of why he’s cool because a flaming skeleton riding a motorcycle shouldn’t be as slept on as he is. Where’s my Netflix show, Marvel? Where is it? C’mon, I’ll write it for free!