Welcome back to The Rundown, our daily breakdown on comic news stories we missed from the previous day. Have a link to share? Email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Do you like Squirrel Girl? Hey, we do too. Great news! ABC’s developing a New Warriors featuring Marvel’s nuttiest hero. Also, Speedball. I’m pretty ambivalent about Speedball being on TV unless goes full emo by turning into Penance in which case I am very in.
– Shannon Purser, who played Barbs in Stranger Things is going to play Ethel Muggs on Riverdale. I don’t have anything to add to that except hey every entertainment website, do you need to put major spoilers for a show that came out a month and a half ago in all your articles? Not everyone has the time to be in on the hip Netflix thing and yeah, we can all quote “Pinot Noir” or call Hollywood “Holywoo” or whatever. That ain’t the same as spoiling major damn events in a show that I’ve only seen the first episode of. You cowards.
– Entertainment Weekly, the same site that ruined my life with Stranger Things spoilers, revealed that Metallo is going to be on the next season of Supergirl, played by Frederick Schmidt.
– Marvel released another teaser for “MU”, a project that Cullen Bunn is working on with different artists. This time Adam Kubert has been announced as having a part in it. Also, this article told me that David Harbour turns out to be a robot on Stranger Things? What’s up with the internet. That’s the strangest thing.
– Deathstroke is the main villain of the upcoming Batfleck movie and, inexplicably, season one of Stranger Things.