Welcome back to The Rundown, our daily breakdown on comic news stories we missed from the previous day. Have a link to share? Email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Entertainment Weekly has posted the first few preview pages posted from the sequel to “The Adventure Zone: Here There Be Gerblins,” the comic based on the popular Dungeons & Dragons live-play podcast The Adventure Zone. The new volume “Murder on the Rockport Limited!” will be released July 16, 2019. Multiversity has an upcoming interview with co-creators Clint McElroy and Carey Pietsch, also done at this year’s NYCC.
– Attack on Titan fans will have to wait for episode 12 of Season 3. Fans of the show in Japan report that the October TV Guide not show any new episodes for the rest of the month. Neither NHK or Wit Studios have a comment of the possible reason for the hiatus or how long it will last.
– Stan Lee broke his silence about elder abuse issues in an interview with The Daily Beast. Lee spoke at length about the turbulent months after the death of Joan, his wife of 70 years, and clarifies that is was trusted assistants rather than his family who attempted to defraud and ruin him.
– Former Black Veil Brides frontman Andy Black announced his new solo album and tie-in comic book, “The Ghost of Ohio” at NYCC. The concept project is inspired by the coping mechanisms he had to deal with childhood fears. The project is co-written by Scott Tuft and illustrated by artist Eryk Donovan.
– Finally, Netflix confirmed at NYCC that Hilda has been renewed for a second season. The animated series, based on the graphic novels by Luke Pearson, had its first 13-episode season released on September 21, 2018. You can read our weekly column on the show here.