Welcome back to The Rundown, our daily breakdown on comic news stories we missed from the previous day. Have a link to share? Email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Vanity Fair has a sprawling interview with Marvel Studios head Kevin Fiege, with comments from many of the films’ directors and actors. It touches on the MCU’s past, present and future. The issue featuring the article has four different covers. Here are some of the more interesting bits of the interview:
- Avengers 4 will be an ending of sorts for the current MCU, with some major characters not returning.
- There are “at least” 20 more years worth of “characters and worlds to explore,” with 20 future films already “on the docket.”
- Fiege got his start working for Superman director Richard Donner.
- The included photo shoot has updated costumes for Thor and Black Widow (who also has a new hair style).
- The Avengers 4 cast passes time in between takes playing Words with Friends.
– A first look at some promo art for the upcoming Aquaman film has been posted online. The artwork is by Ivan Reis and Joe Prado, and features Jason Momoa’s Aquaman, Amber Heard’s Mera, Patrick Wilson’s Ocean Master, Yahya Abdul Mateen’s Black Manta, and Nicole Kidman’s Atlanna. Principal filming wrapped up last month, and the film will be released December 21, 2018.
– We now know which character will be featured in the previously announced Fear the Walking Dead and The Walking Dead crossover. Talking Dead announced that Lennie James’ character, Morgan Jones, will be appearing on Fear the Walking Dead, and is expected to be a series regular next season.
– Cyborg was missing from the February 2018 solicitations, and it has now been confirmed that the title is canceled after issue #20 in January. The decision was tied to his more prominent role in “Justice League,” once Christopher Priest takes over.
– Hart of Dixie actor Wilson Bethel is joining the cast of Daredevil Season 3 as a series regular. His exact role isn’t clear, but it is known that he will play an FBI agent caught up in the conflict between Daredevil and Kingpin.
– In some other TV casting news, former wrestler Goldberg says that he’ll be appearing in two episodes of The Flash. The CW has yet to confirm, but in the past the show has also featured current and former wrestlers Adam “Edge” Copeland, Cody Rhodes, and Eve Torres.
– Haida artist Michael Nicoll Yahgulanaas has re-imagined his people’s art and traditional stories as a manga, to make a comment on cultural appropriation. The pages of “War of the Blink” also function as a six-foot-tall mural when combined. The graphic novel will be released in March of 2018.
– There are few details so far, but it looks like James Franco is working with Fox on an a film in their X-Men universe. He is set to produce and star in it.