Welcome back to The Rundown, our daily breakdown on comic news stories we missed from the previous day. Have a link to share? Email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Marvel have revealed “Ghost Rider: Final Vengeance,” the previously teased relaunch written by Benjamin Percy with art by Danny Kim. In the new series, Johnny Blaze must take up the mantle for one final ride, in order to keep the Spirit of Vengeance out of the wrong hands before the new Ghost Rider is revealed. Featuring a cover by Juan Ferreyra and a variant cover by Greg Capullo, “Ghost Rider: Final Vengeance” #1 will be available on March 13, 2024.
– Via ICv2, Rizzoli have announced The Avengers: Heroes, Icons, Assembled, written by former DC Comics VP Rich Johnson. The 224-page hardcover will highlight essential runs as well as the team’s history within the Marvel universe, and feature 300 pieces of art, including covers and interiors. The book is a follow-up to Johnson’s 2022 book Captain America: Avenger, Hero, Icon. The Avengers: Heroes, Icons, Assembled will be available on April 2, 2024.
– Deadline reports that Michael Waldron has been tapped to write Marvel Studios’s Avengers: The Kang Dynasty. Waldron, who worked as the showrunner on Loki and wrote Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, replaces Jeff Loveness, who was recently confirmed to have been let go from the movie. Avengers: The Kang Dynasty is still in need of a director, after news broke that Destin Daniel Cretton had moved on from the film to focus on other projects such as Wonder Man. Avengers: The Kang Dynasty is slated to hit theaters on May 6, 2026.
– In other MCU news, Marvel have released a small featurette from the upcoming WandaVision 4K UHD and Blu-ray release on their YouTube page, offering a first glimpse at the spin-off series Agatha: Darkhold Diaries. In the clip, Kathryn Hahn and creator Jac Schaeffer discuss how the series came to be. The show will follow Agatha Harkness as she awakens without her powers. With a few unlikely allies, she seeks to gain them back. Agatha: Darkhold Diaries premieres on Disney+ in 2024.
– Via Radio Times, Darragh Hand (Silent Witness) has been cast as Michael Holden in the third season of Netflix’s Heartstopper. The character made his debut in Alice Oseman’s Solitaire, a prose novel which takes place in the same universe as the “Heartstopper” graphic novels. In the novel, Michael is a friend of Charlie’s sister Tori, who was introduced in the show’s first season, and is played by Jenny Walser. Heartstopper season three is currently in production.
– Finally, via Popverse, a live-action feature adaptation of Naruto is reportedly coming from Lionsgate. The studio has tapped Tasha Huo, who has worked on Netflix’s animated Tomb Raider series as well as the Red Sonja reboot, as its writer. The film of Masashi Kishimoto’s anime and manga was originally announced back in 2015, with Michael Gracey (The Greatest Showman) attached as director, and Avi Arad as producer. For now, Naruto remains in the early stages of development.