Welcome back to The Rundown, our daily breakdown on comic news stories we missed from the previous day. Have a link to share? Email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
– It seems that each day this week, we are reporting something about Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice, specifically dealing with fan/industry reaction to the film. Well, now two Change.org petitions has been launched to remove Zack Snyder from Justice League and the franchise in general. Less than 10,000 signatures total are represented on the two petitions, so I don’t think Warner Bros is going to be letting him go due to their presence on the internet, but this does speak to the immense dissatisfaction that fans feel around this film. I am fascinated to see how this all plays out in the next few months, leading up to the production of Justice League.
– Also, Ben Affleck has written a “really cool” Batman solo film script. I don’t doubt that Affleck has a good Batman script in him; I doubt whether he’ll ever be able to make it, especially in light of the prior story.
– Jennfier Lawrence has said that she is ‘dying’ to do more X-Men films at 20th Century Fox. Currently, her last contracted film is X-Men: Apocalypse, which opens in May.
– On the other side of that coin, Megan Fox claims that “no one” should ever see Jonah Hex. I can’t say I really disagree with her.
– Another day, another batch of characters involved with the Spider-Man “Dead No More” crossover. Today’s crew includes Rhino, Electro, and the Lizard, all presumably killed by the Amazing Spider-Man 2 critical response. (Nailed it).
– Chris Sims breaks down what the Joker’s true identity might be over at Comics Alliance. Our own Walter Richardson has an idea about that, which I’m trying to convince him to write a short piece about. What say you, Walt?
– And, finally, Jason Mewes will appear in the Kevin Smith-directed episode of The Flash because of course he fucking will.