Welcome back to The Rundown, our daily breakdown on comic news stories we missed from the previous day. Have a link to share? Email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
– The AV Club is doing a bunch of “____ of the year so far” lists, and their comics list is pretty on point. They found a nice balance between mainstream and indie stuff, and spotlight some interesting items. Like all good lists, I see these titles and want to check out some of these books that I’ve missed.
– So, it appears that Supergirl will be the catalyst for the CW’s four-show crossover this season.
– When Agent Carter was cancelled, many hoped/assumed that Netflix would pick up the series. Ted Sarandos, the CCO of the company, explained that it was previous streaming/distribution commitments that made it a less than appealing pick up for the streaming service.
– “Titans” #2 got a totally new solicit yesterday, with the reveal of Abra Kadabra at the end of #1 seemingly being the catalyst for the new solicit.
– The director of Torque – a phrase I never thought I would type on Multiversity – shared an animation test for Swamp Thing that was part of the never realized Dark Universe – aka “Justice League Dark” – film. (Note: the live action film, not the upcoming animated feature).
– And, finally, in the ‘what the fuck?’ category, it appears that Suicide Squad star Jai Courtney took mushrooms to better get in the mindset of Captain Boomerang. OK?