Welcome back to The Rundown, our daily breakdown on comic news stories we missed from the previous day. Have a link to share? Email our team at either email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Yet another cast member has been announced for AKA Jessica Jones: Rachel Taylor, of Gray’s Anatomy and Transformers will be playing Jessica’s best friend/the woman who would be Hellcat, Trish Walker on the series, which is set to debut in late 2015/early 2016.
– DC Animation announced a new line of films and shorts, both launching this spring. Batman Unlimited: Animal Instincts will debut in March, with a sequel due later in the year. The film features a very TV-friendly team of Batman, the Flash, Green Arrow, Nightwing, and Red Robin pitted against the Penguin.
Also announced were fifteen three-minute shorts under the DC Super Friends banner, of which there are a number of toys already made (including this sweet ass Hall of Doom) by Fisher Price and, obviously, whose name originally came from the classic cartoon series. No information about the type of release the shorts would receive has been announced thus far.
– Marvel’s dedication to the Inhumans is respectable, but a little nuts. Case in point: a third Inhumans ongoing has been announced: “Inhumans: Attilan Rising” is a series focusing on Black Bolt and Medusa being at odds, and the more interpersonal relationships between the various Inhumans. Charles Soule, Marvel’s go-to Inhumans writer, will be writing all three ongoings. If fans don’t respond well to these series, Marvel is going to have a lot of work to do ahead of the Inhumans film.
– In the new “Marvel’s Ant-Man Prelude” comic, Hank Pym meets Peggy Carter, so the book does seem to be working nicely to make the new film fit in, continuity wise, to the MCU.
– And, finally, is there any greater way to enjoy your morning coffee than like this?