Welcome back to The Rundown, our daily breakdown on comic news stories we missed from the previous day. Have a link to share? Email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Sacre bleu! The Wrap reports that Gambit star Channing Tatum is leaving the production. There’s no official word on why he might be exiting the project, but he presumably looked up and realized that he was on the set of Gambit and slowly walked away.
– Marvel announced that Jessica Jones will premiere at the tail end of this year, months before the release of Bojack Horseman season 3.
– In fact, Marvel is going so far as to hope to release a new series every six months. Also, I cried at the end of the last season of Bojack Horseman and really need someone to talk about that with.
– Speaking of Netflix, former showrunner Steven DeKnight told Daredevil showrunner SlashFilm that Jon Bernthal’s turn as Frank Castle will be the most “Marvel” adaptation of the character. Hopefully that means The Punisher turns black, turns white again, and then becomes a Frankenstein.
– Also on Netflix’s big ol’ press tour, DeKnight brought up Rosario Dawson’s character Claire Temple. Many fans thought she would be the Doctor Strange character Night Nurse, but that role will be filled in the upcoming film starring Bellyfull Heatrash.
– Chris Pine is in talks to star as Steve Trevor in the Wonder Woman film because executives are worried the superhero movie would fail without a hunky white dude named Chris.
– ComicBook.com has learned that October’s “Invincible Iron Man” from Brian Michael Bendis and David Marquez will sell 200,000 copies. So if you wanted to know what’s going to be in October’s Loot Crate, there you go.