Welcome back to The Rundown, our daily breakdown on comic news stories we missed from the previous day. Have a link to share? Email our team at either firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
– So this is a hell of a thing. Apparently the CW is developing a “Brave and the Bold” style team-up show that will spin off from “Arrow” and “The Flash” that is set to star Wentworth Miller as Captain Cold, Brandon Routh as Ray Palmer, Victor Garber as Martin Stein, Caity Lotz as the deceased (but maybe not!) Sara Lance, and apparently three not yet introduced DC heroes. When are we just going to change the name of the CW to the DC? Regardless of sass, I’m pumped. That sounds fun, especially with the crews behind their other DC shows developing it.
– Somehow, Marvel is making not just one Marvel Zombies book during “Secret Wars”, but a second one written by Si Spurrier with art by Kev Walker. Good team, sure, but TWO Marvel Zombies books? Come on!
– Joe Madureira is bringing “Battle Chasers” back as a game and a comic book, and he says he’ll even be finishing the story that he left hanging wayyyy back in the days of Cliffhanger. Not to be a jerk, but does anyone care anymore? It’s bizarre. He’s seemingly successful, but has any creator left more potential and popularity on the table than Joe Mad?
– Catwoman is coming out…as bisexual. I’m not sure of the history of the character, but this for some reason doesn’t come as a surprise. Good to Genevieve Valentine and DC for committing to the direction at least.
– “Daredevil” gets a new poster, and it’s a pretty good look.
– Jerome Opena’s inks to his upcoming “Deadly Class” variant are freaking spectacular. That dude is pretty good at art.