Welcome back to The Rundown, our daily breakdown on comic news stories we missed from the previous day. Have a link to share? Email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Shocking absolutely no one, it looks like Fox may hold off on doing a sequel to this summer’s Fant4stic. According to Box Office Mojo, the sequel that Fox had planned to release in 2017 has been placed on indefinite hold. This year’s Fantastic Four wasn’t exactly a critical darling, and while this delay isn’t a definite cancellation, it seems more likely that we’ll see Marvel’s First Family, or at least some of their enemies, in future MCU films.
– After rumors broke out that Guardians of the Galaxy: Volume 2 would reveal an incredibly unlikely person to be Star-Lord’s father, James Gunn took to Facebook to shoot the rumor down. Though Gunn was adamant about REDACTED not being Peter Quinn’s daddy, there’s still enough room in his statement for my Howard the Duck theory.
– Marvel has announced that Doctor Strange has officially begun production. The film is expected to release next November, which means I only have to audibly groan about Benedict Cumberbatch for another calendar year.
– Are you tired of hearing about the Joker’s car in Suicide Squad? If not, check out this local news video Newsarama picked up about the making of the Jokermobile. If you are sick of hearing about the damn car, then come join me in my quest to convince everyone it’s spelled Jared LEE-TOH.
– Jeph Loeb confirmed to CBR that everything is still a go for Iron Fist on Netflix. Marvel just elected not to publicize the show too much so they could focus on getting the word out on Jessica Jones. Considering that everyone I’ve come into contact with for the past week has raved about the show, that seems like it was a good plan.