Welcome back to The Rundown, our daily breakdown on comic news stories we missed from the previous day. Have a link to share? Email our team at email@example.com.
– As the hype train starts to roll for Captain America: Civil War, Marvel Studios’ next film, people are beginning to eye Doctor Strange, their follow-up, for details on how they might portray the Sorcerer Supreme. Well, look no further as Entertainment Weekly just dropped a bomb including a cover shoot with Benedict Cumberbatch in costume, some detail shots of the costume and some concept art from the film. Looking pretty good, I should say.
– Also revealed is the fact that Mads Mikkelsen will be playing the main villain in Doctor Strange, which sounds like a Tumblr wet dream.
– Over on the Marvel TV side of things some photos of Daredevil Season Two have surface which seem to finally confirm that they’re recreating this scene from Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon’s Marvel Knights run on “The Punisher”. I’m so happy I could cry.
– The Force Awakens continues to break records as it passes $100 million at the Imax alone in just 12 days and looks set to break Avatar’s record of being the highest grossing film in North America of all time. Seems like people like these wars in the stars, huh?
– Spoiler Alert! So, Bleeding Cool has a look at an early review of “Wonder Woman: Earth One” by Grant Morrison and Yanick Paquette and… it ain’t pretty. The review has massive critiques of how the two portray women throughout the book and goes very in depth so don’t read this if you don’t want to be spoiled on this book. Don’t be surprised if this book debuts to some major controversy, though.