Welcome back to The Rundown, our daily breakdown on comic news stories we missed from the previous day. Have a link to share? Email our team at email@example.com
– Like I would use any other photo. Jim Lee told Comic Book Resources that he and Frank Miller might finish up “All-Star Batman and Robin.” Specifically, Lee said that Miller has ” got a great ending to the story and a really cool final scene that was described to me that is just classic…” Maybe that final scene is a poster with the release date of “Batman: Europa” on it.
– Vulture Remix just uploaded a fake trailer for a fake Spider-Gwen movie that sees Emma Stone return to the newly powered character, along with dead dad Denis Leary. The trailer uses clips from the Amazing Spider-Man films (included a nice retouching of the first movie’s trailer) and other works from Emma Stone’s filmography. Honestly, the trailer works a lot better if you’ve never heard of Birman before.
– Jared Leto spoke about his upcoming role as The Joker while at the Dubai Music Week when he saw a fan in a Batman shirt. “I can’t wait for you to see this – they’re going to lock me away in a box after this movie comes out.” Contrary to Leto’s beliefs, no one can be arrested for trying too hard.
– Nat Wolff, one of the millenials from those John Green movies, has been cast as Light yagami in the upcoming Death Note, which is a thing that’s happening. Wolff allegedly got the role after writing every young Japanese-American actors’ names in his own Death Note.
– Great news Zephyr fans! The Valiant character will be getting her own series in “Faith” from Jody Houser, Francis Portela, and Marguerite Sauvage. Check out Houser’s interview with CBR and keep an eye out when the comic hits shelves next January.
– Here’s a double dose of Flash news, folks! Teddy Sears showed off our first look at Jay Garrick on his Instagram which is pretty damn spot on. Also, be sure to check out this poster featuring Barry Allen turning into Peter Capaldi.