Welcome back to The Rundown, our daily breakdown on comic news stories we missed from the previous day. Have a link to share? Email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Predictably, “Sex Criminals” co-creator Chip Zdarsky is not happy about it.
– Jesse Eisnberg compared getting yelled at by thousands of fans at San Diego Comic-Con to a genocide. To be fair, the bathroom lines at comic book conventions are pretty much war crimes.
– Dan Aykroyd accidentally tweeted that he would be appearing in the new Ghostbusters. Also, Dan Aykroyd has a Twitter? Who knew?
– Speaking of celebs confirming nerdy roles, Tila Swinton confirmed that she will be playing The Ancient One in the upcoming Doctor Strange. Her portion of filming is apparently already done, as Kevin Feige just kind of followed her around her house with a camcorder and that ended up being more than enough.
– True Detective star and OG Gambit Taylor Kitsch said he wishes Channing Tatum in the Gambit reboot, through dangerously gritted teeth.
– On Nerd HQ, Joss Whedon said there will not be a director’s cut of Age of Ultron because, as he said, “the narrative came together very close to the way that I hoped it would, and I don’t think it needs me to constantly tweak it.” Kevin Feige, standing in the crowd, then slowly lowered his pistol and went to film Tilda Swinton eating a flower for safety.