Welcome back to The Rundown, our daily breakdown on comic news stories we missed from the previous day. Have a link to share? Email our team at either email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Joseph Gilgun has been cast as Cassidy in “Preacher”, making two parts of the triumvirate complete after Ruth Negga was cast last week as Tulip. All we have now is Jesse Custer to complete it, but we’re off to a good start. I don’t have a ton of experience with Gilgun, but I have seen “Lockout”, and while that movie was pretty damn stupid, Gilgun was straight nasty in it. That’s a good characteristic for the Irish vampire he’s set to play. Looking forward to it.
– Al Ewing and Alan Davis are pairing for “Captain Britain and the Mighty Defenders”, yet another “Secret Wars” tie-in series that…okay, these things are getting ridiculous. SO MANY TIE-INS. UNCLE, MARVEL. UNCLE.
– Hawkeye is getting an action figure and, most importantly, Lucky – aka Pizza Dog – will be an accessory.
– This Time piece looks at the Batgirl cover controversy and has a pretty fair and balanced perspective, although it sort of accomplishes that by sitting on the fence. Granted, I’m a fencer sitter on that subject and many others as well, so I have a hard time blaming the writer.
– Marvel’s putting together a month of New York City themed covers. They looooove theme months these days, don’t they?
– Leave it to Bleeding Cool to really open up the #ComicGate.