Welcome back to The Rundown, our daily breakdown on comic news stories we missed from the previous day. Have a link to share? Email our team at either email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
– This is a really cool piece where legendary comic letterer Todd Klein analyzes the Marvel films logos, including the Doctor Strange one based off his work and the Inhumans one based off Comicraft’s JG Roshell’s one.
– Take this one with a grain of salt, but over at Bleeding Cool, a source shared that the script for the “Wonder Woman” solo film finds the story taking place initially on Amazon Island before Diana leaves the island…and it’s the 1920’s. Not only that, but the sequel – presumably being released sometime between 2021 and the when Futurama takes place – will be during in World War II.
– USA Today looks at how Marvel won Hollywood, and “made comic books cool again”. It’s not a bad piece, but come on mainstream journalism, can we get a little less lazy with our titles?
– Jonathan Hickman and Dustin Weaver’s “S.H.I.E.L.D.” is done, and there’s even art to prove it. Glorious, glorious art.
– You know a gimmick is a success when the “Harley Quinn” cover that smells of weed gets covered by The Cannabist. You did it, DC!