We’ve been really enjoying our Summer TV Binge of The X-Files, with our Jess Camacho taking us through the early days of Mulder and Scully. But this week sees the release of the second issue of “The X-Files: Origins – Dogs Days of Summer,” which takes us waaaaaay back into the teenager years of Mulder and Scully, making season one of the TV show seem far from the early days. We’ve got an exclusive preview of that issue, which drops on August 2.
Plotted by Jody Houser and Matthew Dow Smith
Scripted by Jody Houser
Illustrated and Colored by Chris Fenoglio
Lettered by Dezi Sienty
Before the FBI, before the X-Files, they were just two teenagers in search of the truth. On Martha’s Vineyard, a strange encounter with a deaf girl sends 13-year-old Fox Mulder on the hunt for a mysterious signal. While in San Diego, young Dana Scully looks into a plane crash somehow tied to the man she helped put in jail. Two kids, two mysteries, one conspiracy that threatens the future of humanity.
FC • 32 pages • $3.99
· The hit miniseries of last summer returns!
· Mulder and Scully star in separate tales depicting their teen years!
· See what made them into the characters we’ve come to love!
· Especially crafted for young adult readers!
· Mystery novel variant covers by Cat Staggs (Orphan Black)!
Thanks to IDW for the preview, and make sure to grab the issue on Wednesday!